GAP 4.4 Bugfix 4 (December 2004)
Errors listed in bold may cause the system to return a wrong result
without issuing a warning, errors in italics can cause a system
crash. Other errors typically will lead to an error message and may cause
the abortion of a run but will not cause wrong results.
- A problem with the function `SuggestUpdates' to check for the most recent
version of packages available.
- A problem that caused `MatrixOfAction' to produce an error when
the algebra module was constructed as a direct sum.
- An error in the `Order' method for matrices over cyclotomic fields
which caused this method to return `infinity' for matrices of finite
order in certain cases.
- Representations computed by `IrreducibleRepresentations' in
characteristic 0 erraneously claimed to be faithful.
- Problems with computing n-th power maps of character tables,
where n is negative and the table does not yet store its irreducible
- A primitive representation of degree 574 for PSL(2,41) has been missing
in the classification on which the GAP library was built.
- Element conjugacy in large-base permutation groups sometimes was
- A bug in 'Append' for compressed vectors over GF(2), if the length
of the result is 1 mod 32 (or 64) the last entry was forgotten to copy.
- A problem with the Ree group Ree(3) of size 1512 claiming to be
- An error in the membership test (`in') for groups `GU(n,q)' and
`SU(n,q)' for non-prime `q'.
- A missing method for getting the letter representation of an associate
word in straight line program representation.
- A problem with the construction of vector space bases where the given
list of basis vectors is itself an object that was returned by `Basis'.
- An error in the kernel code for ranges which caused `-1 in [1..2]' to
return `true', e.g.
- An error recording Boolean lists in saved workspaces.
- A problem of `AbelianInvariantsMultiplier' insisting that a result of
`IsomorphismFpGroup' is known to be surjective.
- A problem in the selection function for primitive and
transitive groups if no degree is given.
- An error in the routine for `Resultant' if one of the polynomials has
- `ReducedConfluentRewritingSystem' returning a cached result that might
not conform to the ordering specified.